Walk the streets of New York's theater district as Broadway luminaries regale you with unforgettable stories and behind the scenes reflections. This star-studded tour is truly unlike anything else you can experience on Broadway - and it is becoming a must for any fan of the theater.
* Stand outside the Imperial Theater and listen to legendary producer/director Hal Prince talk about his original staging of Fiddler on the Roof.
* Walk by the marquee of the Ambassor theater while James Naughton tells a memorable tale about the night Bill Clinton came to see Chicago.
* Hear the renowned actor and activist Ossie Davis talk about the role of the theater in the struggles for civil rights.
You'll hear exclusive interviews with actors and creators from shows like Hair, Godspell, A Chorus Line, Avenue Q, Oh Calcutta, Sweeney Todd, and on and on.
Additional guests include:
* Robert Lapone, cast member of the original A Chorus Line
* Stephen Schwartz, composer of Wicked, Pippin and Godspell
* John Raitt, star of the original Carousel
* Mary Rodgers, daughter of Richard Rodgers
* John Rubinstein,star of Pippin
* Lorraine Hansberry, writer of A Raisin in the Sun
This tour is hosted by Peabody Award winning broadcaster and producer Elliott Forrest.
Walkin' Broadway begins on the steps of the New Victory Theater on West 42nd Street (just west of 7th Avenue). The tour consists of about 55 minutes of material and will take you at least 1.5 hours to complete (in addition to any stops or breaks you may choose to make along the way).